Welcome to Rotary!
The Rotary Club of Lancaster is proud to welcome you to our global community of more than 1.2 million men and women dedicated to building a better world!
YOU make Rotary stronger by adding your skills, experience, and enthusiasm to your club, you can advance communities at home and on a global scale. Together, we can eradicate Polio, train more skilled peacemakers, and provide lasting solutions for communities fighting disease, hunger, illiteracy, and poverty.
Through the Rotary community, you can exchange ideas and build lifelong friendships with like-minded people. Take advantage of the resources and activities available through the Rotary Club of Lancaster, Central PA Rotary District #7390 and Rotary International to make your experience with Rotary both rewarding and fun.
How Do I Start Getting Involved with the Club?
Get the most out of your Rotary Club of Lancaster Membership by participating in the many Club projects and activities.
Here are some ideas:
- Serve on a RCL club committee’s where you can use your skills
- Volunteer at the Club Fundraisers (Basketball Tip-Off Tournament, Wheels Wings & 5K Festival)
- Attend a Rotary Means Business Event sponsored by District #7390 and network with others
- Attend one of the many RCL Fellowship Events (Annual Ski Trip, Annual Golf Outing, Annual Crab Feast, etc.)
- Sit at different tables at each Club Meeting to get to know your 225+ fellow Rotarians a bit better, and so they can get to know you
- Identify a need in the Lancaster Community and suggest a hands-on project to a Board Member address it
- Invite a friend or colleague to a RCL Meeting so he or she can learn about the Club and consider membership
How Can I Get Involved in the Rotary Club of Lancaster?
The Rotary Club of Lancaster has many opportunities for involvement.
First off, attending our weekly Wednesday noon meetings or 2nd & 4th Wednesday 5pm “Rotary Rendezvouz” meetings will help you learn how our club operates. You’ll enjoy lunch or dinner/drinks with friendly Rotarians and learn from our weekly speakers. When we have time, we join in singing some very interesting songs. One of our members commented that attending Rotary, listening and learning from our speakers gave him the equivalent of an MBA!
We have 35+ Committees that help to manage and run our Rotary Club as well as Service Projects ranging from Power Packs to our Guest Reader Program at Elementary Schools to the Summer Youth Experience. You can learn more about our Service Projects here.
You can also become involved in our monthly Fellowship Gatherings and join in our Rotary Means Business Networking opportunities.
The Rotary Club of Lancaster offers many a wide range of activities that will fit your particular interests and schedule.
As a new member, you may remember what was discussed in the RCL Information Session; the ABC’s of Rotary:
A is for attendance – you have to be here to get the most out of your membership;
B is for become active – you’ll get more out of your membership if you get involved;
C is for commit to the 4 Way Test – this is the cornerstone of Rotary membership.
Welcome to the Rotary Club of Lancaster! We look forward to getting to know you!